If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Dog delay on Bluebell 24 August 2013

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by ribblebarn, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ribblebarn

ribblebarn New Member

Is this a record? A dog delayed the 1045 ex East Grinstead for a distance of about 5 miles or more. Whatever the patient crews of the C class and Bluebell did the dog would not budge from the track in front of the train. All the way through Kingscote Station and even Sharpthorne Tunnel. Luckily the dog took the Station Building side track at Horsted Keynes and was seemingly contained and captured there.

Attached Files:

2. Kinghambranch

Kinghambranch Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
  3. dampflok

dampflok Member

Nurse,Qualified Ward Manager now retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    would have been interesting had 9017 been pulling the train " Dukedog delayed by dog !

4. TonyMay

TonyMay Member

Why did the dog have a bloody face?

5. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

I had that once in Alaska...
    Deer got on the tracks.. Whilst crews can fire a shot gun in the air, sound the horn etc they cannot kill the animal.
    In winter when the fields are covered in snow the track makes a natural animal highway.
    After no less than 1 hour of delay... (And another hour due to a late up service), the crew ran out of hours and set down some distance from Anchorage..
    And awaited a Helicopter flying out an additional crew !