If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

D601 ARK ROYAL

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by m&gn50, Jul 23, 2014.

1. m&gn50

m&gn50 New Member

Hi does anyone know of the whereabouts of the long lost locomotive card from this preservation loss?
    I'd be interested in viewing any 'Warships' or D63XX cards anyone has access to.
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    It may be in the NRM as a collection of NBL documents - including production and test data for classes 21 / 22 / 41 - passed to the museum after the death of Brian Webb in 1980; he was collating the info in preparation for his next book. Failing that the Mitchell Library in Glasgow also gained many of the company records from the NBL archives when the company declared bankruptcy in the 1960s.

3. Reading General

Reading General Part of the furniture

As a lad, and quite naïve, I wrote to North British looking for details of their locos, not knowing they had gone bust, and I got a reply from North British Abbatoirs (!) telling me so, which was very nice of them. I did get brochures from Brush on the class 31s which was good of them....wish I still had them, they were very high quality!