If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

CORONATION 2 16 -18-MAY

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by leander, May 10, 2009.

1. KentYeti

KentYeti Guest

Interesting exchange here about photo positions.

Happened to me with some photos that were used by the Bluebell Railway on their web site.

It led to me putting this comment on my web site. Incidentally the bug did bite and I did move onto a full DSLR. A Nikon D80 which is proving to be a superb camera. And I have moved onto Photoshop Elements for my editing. I find that software streets ahead of Paint Shop Pro.

2. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional
    Morning ROG - good to see a fellow Ppruner braving the toddler element

3. guycarr360

guycarr360 Part of the furniture

You're the very reason I didn't respond, I wanted to see how long you could wait before you had to stick your oar in.

What is it with you that you can't mind your own business, do you fancy yourself as the worlds conscience or something?
    You've got a bit of history on this forum of accusing people of trespass, in fact it seems to be your main contribution.

I was tempted to leave it at that and just ignore you, after all why should I have to justify myself to you,
    but you obviously like being humiliated on public forums so here goes.

If you did your homework you'd find that there are unmanned crossings on the ECML, which is where I shot 60007.

See the fence on the right hand side, well that's where I was stood.
    [​IMG]

Still don't believe me, then look at this uncropped shot and you can see the yellow warning sign on the left.
    [​IMG]

I look forward to your apology, or will it be more abuse in a pm again.[/quote:1yyouh7j]

All that needed to be done to stop this post was to reply to the new blokes innocent message he posted.

You chose not to do that, so what are people are supposed to think. They look to be taken from the lineside.

I will hold my hands up and say, i dont want to or have the time, to take photos of a good standard, less walk around for hours looking for new locations.

If thats floats your boat, well good luck to you, your photos are good, well done. But please appreciate what they look like to somebody who is not using long lenses and photoshop. A suggestion would be to incorporate a description of what lense etc.. was used to gain the shot, or is that sensitive information???

As to what contributions i have made, lets think, highlighted to A1 trust that 500 of their passengers would encounter trouble with a Sunday run to Newcastle on Derby Day, covenantor with A1 trust for many years, put me bum on seats for excursions, rather than be lineside.

If you want to send me an abusive message by PM, feel free to send it to me, ill quite happily report you, as you did with me.

If you are looking for an apology, forget it, the tone of your reply means that is out of the question.

4. pjhliners

pjhliners Member Friend

The Coronation II - Steam from London to Dundee and back 16 - 18 May 2009

This repeat of last year's Mallard commemoration sought again to get from London - Edinburgh and back using three A4s, with the addition of the new A1 No 60163 Tornado on the final leg. This aim was subverted when No 60019 Bittern failed its FTR examination earlier in the week, but No 60163 was swiftly brought from the North York Moors to substitute (should it be renamed 'Thundado'?!).

It headed out of Kings Cross on the early Saturday fast steam schedule which it is swiftly making its own. A quick run down from Hitchin to Sandy was followed by a storming climb of Stoke Bank, faster than Sir Nigel's epic run last year. More fast running between Barkston and Bawtry and between Doncaster and York concluded a stirring first leg.

After a break at York, A4 No 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley came on for the journey into Scotland. The running along the racing stretch to Darlington was disappointing, but we ended the first day with a rollicking run down Cockburnspath bank and along the Firth of Forth.

The Sunday side trip from Edinburgh to Dundee, out with No 60007 and back with No 60009 Union of South Africa, broke no records for speed or timekeeping, but was a very pleasant day out in the Scottish spring sunshine, with crossings both ways of the Forth and Tay Bridges.

On the Monday morning, No 60009 stood resplendent at the east end of Waverley station but its running amid a busy weekday schedule was ridden with signal checks and loopings, interspersed with short bursts of impressive speed. A flying start south of Darlington was spoilt when we were put slow line at Northallerton, preventing a rousing finish to this leg.

A highlight of the layover at York was the arrival from Tyseley of a train containing the impressively restreamlined LMS Pacific No 6229 Duchess of Hamilton, ready for its launch at the NRM the next day.

No 60163 came on for the final leg, but a slow schedule through the busy weekday timetable and a very strict adherence to the steam speed limit meant there were no more fireworks. Nevertheless we arrived on time to a warm welcome at Kings Cross, at the end of nearly 1000 miles of LNER Pacific steam - a memorable and epic journey.

See 12 pictures at http://pjhrailpics.fotopic.net/

Peter, back in Manchester on a sunny afternoon
    http://pjhrailpics.fotopic.net/

5. Swiss Toni

Swiss Toni Well-Known Member

Why should I have to explain to everyone that's looking for an argument where I choose to stand when I take a photograph?
    It's no one else's business but mine.
    Well if the first thing they think is "he's trespassing" then they need to get another life, and I don't use long lenses.
    Once again I don't have to constantly explain myself to you or anyone else, you are not the forum police, you admit you know nothing about photography and you also know nothing about perspective.
    Therefore I will not be adopting your suggestion, thank you.

The "sensitive information" you want can be quite easily read, it's called EXIF, download THIS.
    Failing that there's a cunning little button to the top left of that photo of "Gresley" that's labeled "i" which again will take you to that "sensitive information".
    Although I doubt whether knowing I was using a focal length of 58mm would have helped you much.

6. guycarr360

guycarr360 Part of the furniture

And that sir was the reply i expected, thank you for your time.