If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Class 101 L835 (51432 and 51498) is at Shoeburyness

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by alfredroberts, Mar 14, 2009.

1. alfredroberts

alfredroberts New Member Account Suspended

Hello,

I have been hearing from Richard Thornton at the prison, he has said that Class 101 L835 (51432 and 51498) is at Shoeburyness and that he needs to move the set as soon as he can.

He has said that he is willing to loan L835 free of charge to any established preserved railway that can use it in service maintain it and move it away from Shoeburyness at their cost.

I have asked him on what terms this would be already and he has repeated the above 'outline', but I will ask for a more specific document.

If anybody is interested then e mail me at robertsalfred@hotmail.com and head your e-mail 'class 101 L835' and I will send the e-mail on to the prison.

N.B. The set may be needed for another formative railway scheme but this will not be for a year or two, but this offer could be suitable if anybody has a set out of use for maintanance and needs a 'cover'.

Yours,

Alfred.