If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cathedrals Express/Steam Dreams to Poole 21/07/18

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by CLN_WVR, Jul 19, 2018.

1. derby2

derby2 New Member

Ran out of jobs
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    As Big Al has said, MNLPS knew that the stabling arrangements at Poole required careful planning and consultation. The Bournemouth Belle was load 13 so with Clan Line on the Country end and the diesel that dragged us back to Southampton needing to be attached on the London end, it was tight. Unless this Steam Dreams operation had more than 12 coaches then with 2 diesels and No.9 the length would have been no more than ours. The other issue we foresaw was that Poole stabling sidings are in constant use by SWT (as they then were) so an approach was made through 'contacts' and they agreed to out-stable certain sets over the time we were planned to be there. It was a bit complex, but worked fine.

26D_M likes this.
  2. CLN_WVR

CLN_WVR Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Checking some YouTube footage of the tour to Poole shows it had 11 coaches between the two diesels

3. steamvideosnet

steamvideosnet Well-Known Member

I'm a little late to the party with my shot, but here is no.9 near Ashurst New Forest taken from a foot crossing.

60009 dce.001.jpg

James