If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Building a new Gigantic

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Sidmouth, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Sorry. Just two threads combined to avoid duplication. Is that not correct? Have a look at the guidance on Miniature v Narrow Gauge and message me if wrong.
    https://www.national-preservation.com/threads/miniature-or-narrow-gauge-please-read-if-unsure.9003/

Update. Merged threads now confirmed as here in the Narrow Gauge section after a request. No debates about this please and everything is now in one place.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Thakeham5 likes this.
  2. Jordan Leeds

Jordan Leeds New Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
  3. Jordan Leeds

Jordan Leeds New Member

4. Jordan Leeds

Jordan Leeds New Member

The name on the frame appeal remains open and uptake has been good, we are now in a position where we will be opening discussions with contractors and other bodies in the next few months.

We are also taking in hand a number of other matters and a management team has been formed of volunteers drawn from a number of backgrounds with a mutual interest in seeing the job done and adjustments to the groups formal structure made to allow these changes and allow the group to develop further.

5. Jordan-Leeds

Jordan-Leeds New Member

Having not posted an update for some time it is perhaps prudent that i explain the current situation.

The project took the decision early on in the covid 19 pandemic to suspend all operations until a clearer picture of how the world would look and with so many railways and charities appealing for funds for their survival we felt that we shouldn't compete at the time for donations.

The group took a root and branch approach to how we wish to proceed going forward in the future and is in the process of establishing itself in a more formal standing to enable the group to function more correctly and within a properly defined scope.
    Certainly having the right area of focus has helped form the engineering plan for the next 12 to 18 months

A formal agreement has been made that the locomotive will be built in Bloxwich at DENVER LIGHT RAILWAY Ltd with ourselves and the company working on the project together.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    J Rob't Harrison likes this.