If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

BR Road Vehicles

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by Rumpole, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Rumpole

Rumpole Part of the furniture

Tea-Maker
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    In connection with a little event that the Swanage Railway puts on every May, one thing that has been suggested is that it would be nice as an additional attraction to the event if we could get a gathering of a few BR diesel-era road vehicles around the railway (my initial thought was a yellow Bedford van with red double-arrows outside Corfe station would look a little bit different!).

Has anyone got any contacts for people with suitable BR-painted road vehicles who may be interested in attending? If so, I should be grateful if you could please PM me with any details you may have, or email me at nick.lloyd[AT]swanagerailway.co.uk.

Thanks in advance.

Nick Lloyd
    Swanage Railway

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Mattie Bee

Mattie Bee Member

Civil Servant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I would be interested in bringing mine but it does not match your spec.

I have a 1968 Morris Minor Van, but carries the BR Blood and Custard Livery. I am aware that this was not carried by any Minor Vans operationally as none were operated by BR in this livery although I am lead to believe BR(E) did have a hand full in the livery you require, not a big help I realise.

Attached Files:

3. Ken_R

Ken_R Member

Does it need to be authentic, or just representative?

In the car park at Toddington is a Mechanical Horse + Box Trailer in green livery. I think there is also a flat bed trailer that goes with it. I have met the owner but am not aware of his name. I've had to reverse it for him on a few occasions and it is 'a right pig of a vehicle'. :Resistanceisfutile: I'd much prefer a Volvo FH with a tri-axle trailer.:)

There would certainly be 'Transport Costs' involved as, no-one in their right mind would even contemplate driving it that distance.

Other than that, have you considered the Mechanical Horse Club and what their members may have to offer?