If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Blackpool Tram Event: Farewell to Fleetwood 7/8 November

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by Paul_Turner, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Paul_Turner

Paul_Turner New Member

In an earlier threat I mentioned a farewell event to the street tramway in Fleetwood and promised more details:

On Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 November we say farewell to the street tramway in Fleetwood which will close until 2012 as part of the tramway upgrade. This event is the last chance to experience traditional trams on the street section and four tours have been organised by the Lancastrian Transport Trust with sponsorship from Trams Magazine.

Saturday 1300 from Depot Box 40 and Wartime Brush 623 representing the North Station era. Picks up at North Pier (1310) and runs to Fleetwood, Pleasure Beach and Tower.

Saturday 1930 from Depot Standard 147 and Balloon 712 picking up at North Pier (1940) then to Pleasure Beach and Fleetwood for an optional hour break or a return ride to Cleveleys.

Sunday 1030 from Depot Coronations 304 and 660. Picks up at North Pier (1040) and runs to Fleetwood, Pleasure Beach and Tower

Saturday 1430 from Depot Twin Car 673+83 and open top Balloon 706 picking up at North Pier (1440) then to Pleasure Beach and Fleetwood then back to Depot.

Prices per Person, Per Tour = £10 (1 tour), £18 (2 tours), £25 (3 tours), £30 (4 tours). Children under 16 travel for half price.

Special DVD offer: Last Tram to Fleetwood' by Trams Magazine will record the full events of the last weekend of what will see the closure of the last traditional street tramway in England . Priced at £16.00 or use our booking form to place an advance order for just £11.00 when you book a tour ticket.

A booking form can be downloaded from the link below (and should be on the LTT site soon)
    http://www.totallytransport.info/Fleetwood.html
    On-line booking by card will soon be available at www.tramsmagazine.co.uk

If you need further information, please don't hestiate to get in touch off group.

Regards
    Paul

2. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Thanks for that Paul. Need to spend a few days with my camera in Fleetwood before then !

3. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional
    Last weekend of the illuminations - real ale at the North Euston - that's another weekend sorted

4. 60017

5. woody65

woody65 New Member

will tram sunday go ahead next year?

6. 60017

Its normally billed as The Fleetwood Transport Festival. Keep an eye on their website I guess!

www.fleetwoodtransportfestival.co.uk