If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Baldwin "Lyn" new build.

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Meiriongwril, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Old Kent Biker

Old Kent Biker Member

ex IT Consultant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    On another L&B-related thread, the 762 Club website has been updated today, with the latest news on YEO and EXE...

30854 likes this.
  2. Michael B

Michael B Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    A bit late in the day as I have only just seen this posting. This book was prepared by two authors, Stephen Phillips and me. It took me 49 years to measure and prepare drawings of the buildings (some since demolished such as Pilton Yard, Goulds premises on Brunswick Wharf and Blackmoor Goods Shed), bridges, viaducts, station plans, 9 complete or bits of carriages, Van 23, nameplates, worksplates, locomotive headlamps, a 3rd class carriage cushion, a gate penalty notice etc. and to source the original L & B and SR drawings used, and to draw those structures demolished in the 30s such as the footbridges in Barnstaple and the water tanks at stations, and to research the notes on the drawings.