If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Back Of The Shed

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by James F, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Fireline

Fireline Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Luke, I asked someone up north about 7229. The reply I got gave me the impression that, rather than overhaul, 7229 was just "being stuck back together", to stop bits of it being all over the place. Apologies to all at the East Lancs if that isn't correct, but it was one of your own that told me!

Personally, the one I am looking forward to most is 4253, but then I'm biased.

2. Monkey Magic

Monkey Magic Well-Known Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    LMS 2500 and Thundersley - locos that might be useful if restored and would be interesting to compare to the Ivatt, Fairburn and Riddles tanks.

3. Goldie

Goldie New Member

5025: http://thewatkinsontrust.blogspot.com/

I love the scenery that the Strathspey offers, and 5025 will look absolutely cracking with it in the background. Also, huge respect to the Watkinson Trust for just quietly getting on with this epic rebuild.

Mick45305, MattA, 240P15 and 5 others like this.
  4. MattA

MattA New Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Back to the driving wheel discussion stemming from William Francis - Churnet and Avon Valleys each have a working Tkh49 (with 3ft 9in drivers) which seem to get quite a lot of mileage.

Monkey Magic likes this.