If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Discussion in 'The Railway Magazine' started by stepney60, Sep 19, 2007.

1. stepney60

stepney60 Nat Pres stalwart

Spotted today at about 14.32 going south through Eastleigh with a pretty full 'liner

2. RM Staff

RM Staff New Member

Yes, 'our' loco gets around on the container circuit. Strangley, I dont have much luck seeing it at work. Happens once a year if I am lucky.

It's a hard worker, although I have heard a rumour that some of the more humourous Freightliner drivers have nicknamed the first early batch after 1960s rock & roll hits - Whole Lotta Shaking Going On, Shake Rattle & Roll, etc.

I'll try and find out from Freightliner how many miles it's clocked up.

3. So how many miles has your baby clocked up to date?

4. RM Staff

RM Staff New Member

I will ask Freightliner. As one of the first five, it must have clocked up a million miles by now.

While the loco does excellent work on the intermodal circuit, we felt that the monthly report we did became a little predictable - Soton-Trafford Park, to Felixstowe to Leeds, to Lawley St to Southampton, etc, so we let the column fade - and no disrepect to Freightliner either.

We did ask for the loco for Carnforth but it was not possible, mainly due to staff resources but we hope to have it at an event in 2009.

It's always nice to get photos of it too.