If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

6100 royal scot no air brakes

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by fish7373, May 5, 2009.

1. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

Im not backing either side of this argument but if there is indeed no TPWS/OTMR on 6100 why is that a problem ?, the loco was hurriedly put together and will be taken back to Crewe and checked over properly before looking at Mainline running, no doubt the necessary equipment would be installed at that time.

2. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Surely you've not just realised that one! ;-) ;-)

3. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    Nobody is 'outed' Bongo simply asked to change his name to Impala, for reasons that I was happy to comply with. Simple as that. All posts made under 'bongo' are findable labelled as Impala now

4. schoie

schoie New Member

perhaps the fact the lads from Crewe have no dealings with air braked engines is the reason that they can not fit the air brake system to 6100? They can be complicated systems.....

5. Cambrian55

Cambrian55 Member Friend

Engineer.
    I take it that the fact that you have Bury as your local railway does not have any bearing on this unsubstantiated remark. :-k

6. Impala

Impala Member

Project Manager
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D>

7. fish7373

fish7373 Member

tube lines Northfields railway depot Piccadilly li
    hi
    I am not stirring it, it is all the arm chair fitters that are stirring it , I helped to in stall all the air brake equipment on royal scot loco at Southall with help of other people and inter fleet, I have all the drawings and photos of work that was done on loco, it is a real same that we did not finsh it at southall, plus i am not a arm chair fitter, i have worked for the underground for thirty two years at northfields railway depot , worked my way up through the engineering grades, part of that was five years as depot duty manager, and a code welder for 38 years, know in tec office with a team looking after failures and engineering problems, for the pic line, thank you fish7373 81c fitter , just wondered if true ?fish7373
    Locomotion

Local Railway: tubelines
    Private messageE-mail

8. DevilDrummer

DevilDrummer New Member

Student...
    Maybe with the rush to put it back together, they just put the 'bare essentials' so to speak on it, to get it able to run, and OTMR etc. will be added when its been run in for a couple of thousand miles or whatever figure NR and the owners want.