If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

60163 Tornado MHR

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by 73129, Aug 10, 2010.

1. KentYeti

KentYeti Guest

On my way!

And re a later comment than the above. No, it's not childish. IMHO. We live in a dreadfully serious world these days, with just about every disaster that befalls any part of planet showed to us in great detail on a daily basis. Not that I object to that, it means help can be given, (as with the appalling floods in Pakistan). But my own view is that we need to temper that seriousness with humour and banter from time to time. And why not mix that in, sometimes, on a Forum that is not dealing with life and death issues.

And if that humour and banter starts to overwhelm a thread then of course it has to be curtailed a little. But surely, never stopped?

2. gwr4090

gwr4090 Part of the furniture

Scientist (Rtd)
    I can't make it this weekend. Is it running at all next week (after Monday) before it heads off to the wizzer ?

David

3. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    David it might be worth checking the A1 steam trust website as it said on there that she would be running on the MHR last Tuesday (24th) as well as at the weekends but it didn't mention this on the MHR website when I looked. If I had checked the A1 site before Tuesday I would have had a day off as the weather at the weekend was terrible. The 6 coach trains last weekend were very well filled so the Tornado effect hasn't worn off just yet.

4. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

She heading back to London next week some time.

5. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

6. gwr4090

gwr4090 Part of the furniture

Scientist (Rtd)
    Alton-Bishops Lydeard Wed 1 September