If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

60009 through Gloucester

Discussion in 'Photography' started by John101, Feb 23, 2020.

1. John101

John101 New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Managed to negotiate water-logged fields to get this shot yesterday. It's just passed Gloucester en-route towards Cheltenham.
    1.Barnwood.Padd > Worcester. The Cotswold Venturer (1 of 1)-2.jpg

nine elms fan, 5944, 68923 and 7 others like this.
  2. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Lovely shot and well worth the trek. Falls into the 'wish I'd taken that' category!

68923 likes this.
  3. 68923

68923 Member

Seconded.

John101 likes this.
  4. John101

John101 New Member

Thank you. There's a balancing pond there, near the entrance and I sometimes go to it to photograph wildfowl and birds including herons and egrets. On one visit I saw a train pass by in the distance and I went over the fields to check out the location. I didn't think many would be aware of it until last year when I went to see Flying Scotsman and 10 minutes before it was due about 15 members (mainly middle-aged ladies) of a local flower club arrived..lol.

The bit I didn't mention was that going to the spot, to my right and crucially over the brow of the small hillside and out of sight, were three bulls. To get back to my car an easier, less muddied route, a volunteer at the memorial garden located there and who watched the loco pass took me a different route back .It was then, after walking a few hundred metres I saw the the bulls ahead of us and one in particular eyed us with a menacing stare..lol. We passed metres from them . He obviously knew they were ok. They looked young..ish..but were still very large. It's not a farmer's field and has public access and kissing gates. Lots of dog-walkers visit the location and as I mentioned, Severn Trent have a balancing pond there too.

I keep hearing 60009 is going back to the owner, John Cameron in Fife .

60017 likes this.