If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

5643 - On the move

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by dublo6231, Feb 8, 2014.

1. dublo6231

dublo6231 Member

IT
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Well - on the move but on the road unfortunately. Spotted heading anti-clockwise on the M25 around the Heathrow area on Friday morning around 09:15 - anybody know where she was headed?

Thanks for any info guys - certainly took me by surprise - thought I was dreaming at one point!

Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate thread if needed.

2. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    No I do not currently volunteer
    She's due to go on loan to the Bluebell soon I would assume thats the likely destination. Been wondering when she was due to arrive.

3. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    According to the Furness Trust facebook page she has arrived at the Bluebell.

4. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Does anyone remember when the Steam Beano used to split up the news section by pre-nationalisation company (e.g., LMS news, Southern news, etc)?

If this had still been the case, I wonder where the magazine would have placed the news that a Great Western Loco owned by the Furness Railway trust (a group based in Preston - LMS territory) has moved from a line that was part of the LNER to one that was part of the Southern!

Looking forward to seeing 5643 in action at some stage on the Bluebell this year. Quite bizarre to think that this year, three ex-SR/BR(S) lines will be operating one of these locos, which are so synonymous with South Wales.

5. 22A

22A Well-Known Member

Administrator
    "Quite bizarre to think that this year, three ex-SR/BR(S) lines will be operating one of these locos, which are so synonymous with South Wales."

This helps those who have a miscellany of locos on their model railway. They can legitimately claim they are modelling the modern scene!

jnc and John Petley like this.