If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

450 class DEMU disposal NIR

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by alfredroberts, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfredroberts

alfredroberts New Member Account Suspended

I was advised by the asbestos removal firm that I saw about it all to remove protective clothing first and place it in to a bag and seal it, then to remove the mask.

2. alfredroberts

Why not hive SBR and the asbestos issue (s) off to a separate threads entirely -- on this thread discuss the technical points we have all have raised r/e the 450s, sources of funding etc.

Some are very interesting the TOC reaction etc.

3. alfredroberts

I dont want to post there.

4. williamfj2

williamfj2 Member

Funny how you would keep coming back on WNXX with more claptrap until you were banned.

5. Macko

Macko Member

I can't believe the feeding of this particular troll is being allowed to continue on this forum. The man has caused nothing but grief in the many pies he has dipped his fingers in. Apart from the Victorian level entertainment of poking a stick at the freak style posts, surely the sensible thing would be to remove him from the forum, before he can do yet more real damage? Talk to any scrapyard or anyone involved in the actual purchase of rolling stock or locos in the last couple of years and they will tell a tale of how this one man idiot nearly scuppered deals/ cost actual money and created bad will. Please just do not give the oxygen of publicity and get rid.

6. MTU16V4000R41

MTU16V4000R41 New Member

Not really a great deal of point in having a seperate thread for either Asbestos or the SBR, basically because there isn't or ever likely to be a South Bedfordshire Railway and your knowledge of Asbestos related issues is less than negligable.

7. MTU16V4000R41

MTU16V4000R41 New Member

We agree on something then... ;)

8. MTU16V4000R41

MTU16V4000R41 New Member

The force ventilation of motors is not an issue as the powered car already has traction motor blowers fitted in the roof space at the gangway end. The existing traction motors, gears / gearcases may be reused assuming the gears aren't life expired.

Your assuming of course that there are any spare standard gauge Mk6 bogies lying around in somebodies lock up garage waiting for you to muck about with. I very much doubt that there are and I doubt anyone is going to willingly scrap a preserved 4DING or class 73 locomotive merely to donate you the bogie frames / wheelsets. You probably need the class 73 variant due to the 62.4 tonne weight of the powered car. Five x DEMU sets = ten Mk6 bogie frames. Isn't going to happen is it?

All I can hear is the sound of a gas axe being lit in Ballemena.......

9. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thread now closed . Its gone far enough . Any objections to the moderators team please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.