If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

44871. Victoria to Bath. 4/12/18

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by free2grice, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I thought that when a diesel was needed for traction it had to be at the front. That seems to be the scenario on this trip.

2. Shoddy127

Shoddy127 Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The train note that was received for the trip showed that the diesel was stated to be behind 871 rather than at the rear of the train. I can't confirm who made this decision as I don't know and isn't any of my business really, it was required for the trip to run so we got on with it. It made our lives a little awkward as the ETH in the support coach didn't work so it was a chilly day to say the least but it was hoped that the problem was going to be rectified on Wednesday, fingers crossed this was the case.

One thing I will say though, the loco's running this way also made the turning manoeuvre easier at Bristol as it meant one loco movement rather than two separate ones.

alastair likes this.