If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

4472 What colour

Discussion in 'National Railway Museum' started by 73129, May 8, 2008.

1. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

Mr Roy for the re-launch...

2. ahardy

ahardy Member

Speaking of NRM and painting, whilst I was helping at the NRM 1968 event, I found out that my driver on Sir Berkeley was a painter for the NRM, and kindly took me into paint shop to show me around. The work he does is brilliant. On his table he had drawings for various crests and numbers for painting. Was a real privalege to see! If he does the work on 4472 then im sure it will be fantastic.

Andy

3. Just consider that hunslit did do a overhaul on 4472 years back so lets paint it an ncb colour say NCB lancs area red/maroon

4. KHARDS

KHARDS Well-Known Member

Train Planner
    It has to be LNER green. Thats how the public think of it, hows its spent the majority of its life, its a colour scheme only one other loco currently carries in service, is pretty and well.....thats enough reasons I think.

Most of us saw 60103 in the 1990s, but the loco has one true livery in the nations mind.

5. Ian Riley

Ian Riley Part of the furniture Loco Owner

Who?...............Jordan?

6. Tracklayer

Tracklayer Resident of Nat Pres

Employed

7. Sorry ian .. i meant to put hunslet typo on my part

8. Broomhalla

Broomhalla Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware there are two other running engines in LNER Green. They are B1 Class Mayflower and D49 Class Morayshire The only other one i can think of is the out of ticket V2 Green Arrow which although but is still in it's splendid LNER apple green.

9. Small Prairie

Small Prairie Part of the furniture

Coach Driver
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Page 6 of " nat pres doesnt have a life so lets talk about which coulour a steam engine is going to be in "

Gee's people , get a life .......put it in BR green or what ever green the public know it best , make sure its fully paintted so the rust stays off

If any of you are that worried about its rivits ...sorry , coulour ...then go have a ride behind it and listern to it ...give the next overhall some money ,,dont stand at the top of the hills with your trip pod , camera and anorak with a small packlunch of sandwhichs with your friends saying , well thats not the correct green for the period its surpose to be depictting .....its 2008 just be greatfull you still got the thing .

EDIT:
    I'm sorry for being so logical on here but you lot have no idea how stupid you all sound going on about a coulour.

10. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional
    Don't you just love the self righteous tone of posters - who can't write or spell the English language as they compose their rants! - or use the freely available spell checker.

If you want to be taken seriously - say it correctly!

11. std tank

std tank Part of the furniture

Retired
    Have to agree with you there TBird. It is embarassing having to read such tripe.

12. PACIFIC POWER

PACIFIC POWER New Member

I must agree. When you look at some of the posts on Nat. Pres. you start to understand why Rail Enthusiasts are held in such low esteem by the public at large.

Poor spelling is bad enough, although we all make the odd mistake from time to time, but some posts just do not make sense. Please spend a couple of seconds reading your post before hitting the "submit" button.

13. IndustrialSteamLeeds

IndustrialSteamLeeds Member

\:D/

14. Tracklayer

Employed
    Best option, and posted on Page ONE!

15. Tracklayer

Employed
    Can we just let the person in charge of its overhaul choose its mechanical condition and the person in charge of the paint choose the livery, styling and method of painting...

16. Small Prairie

Coach Driver
    nah your right mate , its just such a bad name for rail enthusiasts that some are dyslexic and cant spell ....Becuse its so much better that rail enthusiasts gang up on people like it ....but thats not the point here is it ,,,,it would put you in the wrong .

Plus , look how easy it was for you to say that sat in your arm chair behind a username ,,,,Come to the railway find me and say it to my face with a name if you actully feel man enough . dont bother me....im more then happy to say who i am on here . yourself ,,,,chicken.

Anyways , its still sad that you all have to go on about a stupid paint job yet ive seen NONE of you say " lets have it in this coulour , im putting my hand in my pocket to pay for the paint and time though"

17. PACIFIC POWER

PACIFIC POWER New Member

I think the last post just proves the point of what T-Bird Frank, tracklayer and myself were saying and I would not comment on it any further.

It also demonstrates a complete lack of comprehension as neither T-Bird Frank, tracklayer or myself commented on the colour.

Just for the record I have always believed that the locomotive owner, who pays the bill, has the right to paint his/her/their property as they see fit!

18. Small Prairie

Coach Driver
    PACIFIC POWER , gah . if only there wasnt a swear filter here i'll tell you how anoying you are...

Never said you in particular , but if you would refer back to the last 6 pages of bullpoo , your see that some people have made rather long references to the coulour of the locomotive and your see that none have said there willing to pay for such coulour ,,,hence my above wording was a 100% factural comment ....

As for what you say , couldnt give a toss to be honest . im happy with how i type on here , and to be honest if your that thick to not understand a couple of spelling mistakes then , well ....i dounno , i just feel sorry for anyone who comes into contact with you that isnt perfect.

19. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional
    Personally I don't give a hoot what colour 4472/60103 comes out in - but, personally and professionally, I am sick to the back teeth of poorly presented, badly spelt, submissions and job applications; followed by the wail that the world isn't fair.

Well get used to it - because its going to get a whole lot more unfair over the next few years if you think you can get away with standards like that, and you will find that you either keep up, or get left behind.

This forum is equipped with a free to use spell checker, so there is no need for anything to be submitted that has not at least been checked, if you do have doubts.

Frankly, it shows no consideration for those who have to read it, that not only do they have to discern what words you intended to write, but also the overall sense of what you have written.

Unfortunately this is critically important in the world of employment, and in your own personal affairs, because interviewers, and those with whom you do business from time to time, aren't going to be interested in your capacity to write english or improving your capability or understanding.

If they can't understand what you write, you won't get interviews - if you don't understand what they write, you will get screwed over

Your move

20. Small Prairie

Coach Driver
    Gee's im so sorry ,,,,i didnt know i had to be perfect on this fourm as i didnt know it was a highly co ordinised work place where if a spelling mistake was found it was going to cost this place millions of pounds

get over yourself mate , this is a webfourm where your luck not everyone is talking in text speak