If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

34067 "South Western Express" - 21 Feb 09

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by jonpbowers, Feb 20, 2009.

1. 6:05 special

6:05 special Well-Known Member Loco Owner

The diesel was there primarily to drag the stock out of Waterloo. As was fully explained in the "Steam Dreams Valentine Trains" thread, the signalling at Waterloo does not permit aniother loco to attach to the back of a train once it has arrived, without a lot of messing about. As WCRC probably only had the one diesel ie the one that had taken the ecs to Portsmouth there would have been no other option but for them to bring it back at the rear of the train for use in drawing the stock out of Waterloo. As the cl 47 was in the formation, no doubt it was used to heat the train as well.

2. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Ah Winchfield. Doesn't seem like a week since I saw Tornado for the first time.

3. swanny

swanny Member

Thanks for that.

4. Rander

Rander New Member

37676 is also at WCR Southall - no ETS on this machine though. Just as easy to keep the 47 (with ETS) on the train throughout.

5. 6026 King John

6026 King John Well-Known Member

Last time I was on the Green Train I was in a Mk1 that didn't seem to accept any form of heating! ](*,)

6. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Last time I was on the Green Train I was in a Mk1 that didn't seem to accept any form of heating! ](*,)[/quote:ipwt7g76]

When talking to stewards on the evening Tornado run on the 14th about the "Green Train" it would appear all the problems are being dealt with at Carnforth. Well that is what they were told anyway!