If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

19th December 1974

Discussion in 'Bullhead Memories' started by CH 19, Dec 29, 2016.

1. CH 19

CH 19 Well-Known Member Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have recently been re-united with my BR 204/3 hard back note book which I aquired, whilst employed as a box boy, and in which I recorded all my 'priv' ticket travels. Loads of memories. Amongst them was this entry whilst on my way to the smoke. It went "Hit Vic after Bo**y bomb, wierd. Had a wimpy,".
    It was in fact quite a surreal experience, I'd finished my shift and had caught a semi-fast up to Victoria. We were held outside for at least 10 mins so I twigged something was not right, we absolutely crept into Vic which was totally devoid of life and there was like a sort of light mist in what then appeared to be a huge empty cathedral. Being slamdoor stock loads of doors opened, me as well, before the train halted, but no-one got out. As the train stopped a dozen or so coppers hurtled out from ?? shouting "Out Out, go go" so we all rushed for the nearest exit and joined up with the other evacuees. I then learnt that a bomb had gone off in the ticket office and another one was suspected. A bloke ahead of me in the crowd pointed upwards and said "if there's another fu**er I aint stoppin here". Yup we were all stood under the glazed canopy, I went and had a Wimpy. Funny old world!