About these Forum Rules
- https://www.national-preservation.com/ ("Website") is operated by Flamethrower PLC (“We” or “us”). We are a public limited company, registered in England and Wales with company number 09929864. Our registered office at 6 High Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, CB7 4JU.
- These Forum Rules (“Rules”) provide you with certain information about your use of our Website and the terms on which we make our Website available to you. Please read these Rules carefully before you start using our Website. If you have any questions about these Rules or otherwise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting our Website or registering for an account on our Website (“Membership Account”), you confirm that you accept these Rules and agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to any of these Rules, please refrain from using our Website. We recommend that you print a copy of these Rules for future reference. Once you have signed up for a Membership Account, you will be considered to be a “Member”.
- If we need to contact you for any reason connected with your Membership Account, we will do so by writing to you at the email address you provided as part of the registration process. Please note that any reference to the expressions “writing” or “written” in these Terms includes emails.
- All communications made available as part of any discussion forum on this Website and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of us (unless we are specifically identified as the author of the message).
- The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using the forum facility does not mean that we have endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We are not responsible for the behaviour of any advertisers, linked websites or other Members.
- In order to contribute to the forums on our Website, you must sign up for a Membership Account by completing and submitting the registration form.
- By submitting the Registration Form, you confirm that you are at least 16 years old and that you agree to these Rules. You also agree not to use any false, incomplete or misleading information in the registration process. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us.
- We shall not be under any obligation to accept any registration form submitted and reserve the right to terminate the Membership Account of any member or change the eligibility requirements at any time, with or without notice.
- You must keep your account and password details for your Membership Account confidential. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Membership Account and must notify is immediately of any unauthorised use of your Membership Account as soon as you become aware of it.
Upgrading your Membership Account
- Without affecting anything else contained within these Forum Rules, you have the option to upgrade your Membership Account to remove the appearance of all adverts on our Website once you have signed into your Membership Account (“Advert Removal”).
The price for Advert Removal shall be:
- £15 for the period of 12-months; or
- £3.50 for the period of 1-month.
- Each relevant period detailed in Rule 4.2 shall begin on the date on which we receive the relevant payment from you. Once the applicable period has expired, the Advert Removal will not automatically renew, and your Membership Account will automatically be downgraded, meaning that adverts will begin to be displayed to you again unless and until you upgrade your Membership Account again in accordance with these Rules.
- You have the right to cancel the upgrading of your Membership Account for Advert Removal for any reason within 14 days of the date on which the Advert Removal begins by contacting us at email@example.com
- All payments must be made to us through PayPal.
- Nothing in these Rules affects any of your statutory or legal rights.
- We reserve the right to update these Rules and the prices detailed in Rule 4.2 at any time, with or without notice to you (provided that this will not affect any amount you have already paid for Advert Removal for a certain period of time).
You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- Knowingly to introduce, transmit or upload any data or material which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, any other material or program that is malicious or technologically harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website if that would in any way give rise to a contravention of the provisions of our Forum Rules.
You must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You may not use our Website:
- We do our best to assess any possible risks for Members from third parties when they use the forums on our Website, and may have voluntary moderators in place from time to time in order to oversee the content being posted on the forum in order to manage any possible risks.
- However, we are under no obligation to monitor the forums we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any forum by any Member in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the forum is moderated or not. Where a forum is moderated, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If Members note an issue which contravenes something in these Rules, they are welcome to bring it to the attention of Flamethrower PLC, or a member of the moderator team (where appropriate).
- The use of any of our forums by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use any interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
- Where moderators or moderating teams are used, any moderator may edit or remove any post at any time where they deem the post in question to contravene these Rules or the Content Standards in any way.
- The content standards contained in this section (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Flamethrower will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be posted in the relevant forum. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, abusive, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person. Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Flamethrower PLC, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Rules (or any
of our other policies which appear on our Website from time to time) through your use of our
Website. When a breach of these Rules has occurred, we may take such other action as we
deem appropriate, including:
- Immediate and temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- Immediate and temporary or permanent removal of your Membership Account;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability to you for actions taken in response to breaches of these Rules. The responses described in these Rules are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Rules (or any of our other policies which appear on our Website from time to time) through your use of our Website. When a breach of these Rules has occurred, we may take such other action as we deem appropriate, including:
Our rights to make changes
- We reserve the right to amend these Rules and any of our other policies which appear on our Website from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check them to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. We may update and change our Website or any features which are available on our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users' needs or any other aspect of the way we run our business.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or that your ability to use it will be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business or operational reasons.
What if something goes wrong?
- If you encounter any problems with our Website or your Membership Account, or wish to inform us about a dispute or raise a complaint, please complete our online enquiry form, contact one of the moderators (where applicable), or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms implied by law that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise however it arises and, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- your use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- your use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- The exclusions of liability in this section apply to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Our rights in the Website
- You acknowledge that, as between you and us, all “Intellectual Property Rights” (meaning copyright, design rights, trade marks, patents, rights in any inventions and any other rights of a similar kind) and rights of ownership in the Website throughout the world shall belong to us, and that you shall not acquire any rights in, or to, the Website (or any element thereof) other than the right to use the Website in accordance with these Rules (save for any pre-existing Intellectual Property Rights belonging to you or a third party).
- You acknowledge that your use of the Website is subject always to your complying with any instructions of use issued by us from time to time. You must not use any part of the content on our Website (except any content that you have generated) for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from the owner of that content.
- Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked sites or any information that you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Rules about linking to our Website
- You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation in any way, nor imply without our prior consent that we have approved or endorsed you in any way.
- You must not establish a link to our Website in any other website without permission. We may withdraw linking permission at any time.
Which laws apply to any disputes?
- Please note that these Forum Rules, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.