If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Question regarding 22889 (former MHR 0-4-0 DM shunter?)

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by WessexElectricNut, Feb 16, 2009.

1. WessexElectricNut

WessexElectricNut New Member

Student, Finished college, now off to University
    One I am interested in, I've noticed it has been missing for a while and on another forum, hasn't produced any results, so:
    from http://www.wnxxforum.com/interactive/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2800

I am also interested in its history for a web page to do with the artwork/object I have created for it. (Which strangely enough, a print out of it, went missing at Ropley! Yet, my other artwork is still there.)

Disclaimer, I cannot verify the information as correct or true, you are advised to use your own discression while reading this post. I am not held responsible for any damage cause to business, property, life or hold myself personally liable for anything which maybe an implication of this post or a direct reaction to this post.

2. Swan Age

Swan Age Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    If you are not aware already of its early history, this may help: http://www.watercressline.co.uk/earlymhr.htm

Again i would be interested to know what has happened to the loco, it was taken into the shed back in 1999 and repairs were started including bodywork restoration, then suddenly the work stopped.

One problem being that the electrics were in a bad way and no one had a circuit diagram for it. A picture on the MHR website archives here: http://www.watercressline.co.uk/tw/pages/dieslco2.htm shows the work being carried out.

3. WessexElectricNut

I was wondering about more in depth information as I have produced a 3D model of it.

Someone apparently get the diagrams for the Fowler, so I am told and there was someone who actually wouldn't mind the Fowler being used as part of their own Fowler project.

The model I created looks like this, there is a few bits to do, but I think the NSE livery suits it.
    [​IMG]
    Although, it seems to be very clear that someone had a problem with this image hung on the Mannor wall, because it was ripped off and I am not happy about it. They can't destroy my rights for producing artwork that I think others maybe interested in and they CANNOT destroy my rights being an artist, when the only way to satisfy your own curiosity, is to produce the model of it yourself.

Now, if only I could have some engine specifications (I can't remember what I need, but it is some pretty in depth stuff) so I can see how it handles a 8 car train.

4. Broomhalla

Broomhalla Well-Known Member

Is this the shunter in question?
    [​IMG]

5. 3096

3096 New Member

That Fowler is very similiar to one that iam currently due to overhaule up at embsay,does the stubby nose at the other end house a twin cylinder fowler donkey engine ? used to start the main engine

6. WessexElectricNut

Not sure on that, I was told it has a McLaren engine(!). Do you know where the loco has come from and the history?
    If it is that exact shunter (You may find a builders plate missing, I know where that is/was so maybe hard to ID.) Is it possible if you could guide me to what controls do what for my 3D model? I have been told what they do, but I am still not sure. I am not even sure what gauges are suppose to be where, because 22889's gauges were missing in lots of places. I would also be very happy if you could give me a sound recording of the engine when it works, the horn/whistle (when it works) and an idea of what the specifications (drag, coefficent, force in kN I think, air pressure in kpa, etc, maximun speed in m/s, etc.) for the model.
    That model BTW, is a freeware model for Trainz, if you want a pre-release version, it can be found on my server, here. (CDP file format, requiring TC3 or later I think.)
    The offical Trainz thread is here.

Although, I got 2 reports that it has been scrapped....! Interesting.

(BTW, there has been only one Fowler on the MHR I know of, plus there was a Ruston shunter, which was scrapped around 1990)