If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Llangollen Railway - 26th April 2009

Discussion in 'Photography' started by steamingyorkshire, Apr 27, 2009.

1. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    What an amazing gala it was, enjoyed every moment of yesterday.
    The cavalcade was truely outstanding and i loved every moment of it :)
    Top work guys!

Anyway i've uploaded a couple of shots, one of the two run pasts of the Cavalcade at Carrog, and then 3 other shots from the day.
    The rest of the footage is available on the Spring Steam DVD which is now available, there's a DVD trailer on the internet too which also includes a whole series of different clips from the Gala at Llangollen, along with unseen video clips from the NYMR, Embsay, KWVR and others...

Look forward to the next gala guys!

Video Footage from the Gala
    DVD Trailer (At the bottom of the page)

2. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    Some nice footage Simon, but just a personal viewpoint. The trailer feels a bit rough to watch, in that there is no smooth transition from one clip to the next. Nothing wrong with the actual sequences themselves, just the putting together. May just be me but it felt like the trailer was rushing to cram as much in as possible.

3. steamingyorkshire

Lecturer
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
    I did feel as though things weren't right when the final video was wrote last night, as you said i have to agree, i've tried to fit so much in, although i felt the need to upload in HD for some reason, and from that i'm only able to upload 6 minutes max due to upload limits.

I think i'll have another go tonight and probably just do what i did for the Winter DVD and take a 10 minute extract from the DVD project itself.

Thanks again for the comments, and thanks for providing such an amazing time yesterday.

4. steamingyorkshire

Lecturer
    I've uploaded a new DVD trailer in the same way i did the Winter Steam 2009 DVD, it's basically a simple extract from the DVD itself, i've uploaded some other Llangollen videos into the trailer and most of them are different to the ones on yesterday's trailer.

DVD trailer available here (Available at the bottom of the page)