If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Darlington Railway Centre

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by Rlangham, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Rlangham

Rlangham Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to stop off at Darlington North Road on my way back from Shildon tomorrow to visit the Darlington Railway Centre, however looking at the google maps image view I can't tell how to get from the station to the museum (or even where the station is - I thought it was on a platform on the opposite side of the tracks from the museum but can't see anything), and the museum website just says that the museum is two minutes walk from the station. Can anyone tell me how?

2. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

Get off the train, go down the exit path and turn right. Carry straight on to a T junction, turn right and you'll come to the entrance, it is but 2 minutes' walk.

3. volunteer

volunteer New Member

Overworked,Underpaid
    The Darlington Railway Preservation Society will be open to visitors on Mon 4th May 2009 from 13.00 till late to view 78018 :smt003
    See you there :smt039

4. volunteer

volunteer New Member

Overworked,Underpaid
    [smilie=hi ya!.gif] The D.R.P.S. will be open again on Mon 25th May from 10-30 till 17-00.

5. volunteer

volunteer New Member

Overworked,Underpaid
    DRPS will be open on Sunday 31st May 2009.Also the head of Steam museum next door are holding a vintage vehicle rally from 11.00-15.00.Both free entry.