If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Antique/Vintage Sierra Leone Railway Guard Badge Mould/Die ?

Discussion in 'Railwayana' started by Mark Walsh, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Mark Walsh

Mark Walsh New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi, Can anyone help me? I have acquired this very heavy old metal mould or die for what i think is to make badges for the guards on the Sierra Leone railway, Doe's anyone have any information on this please ?
    I also have another one that spells out INSPECTOR , thanks Mark 20160419_183919.jpg

Anthony Coulls likes this.
  2. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

Yes, these were for enamel cap badges in the same way as BR totem cap badges - we have seen ones for Driver (with our Museum's President) & Fireman (in the collection of the National Museum in Freetown).

If you ever wish to get rid of them, we would love to acquire them for www.sierraleonerailwaymuseum.com

Thanks for sharing

3. Mark Walsh

Mark Walsh New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi, I have just purchased it and would be happy sell it on for the right price, regards

4. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

Hello Mark, we're a charity with not a huge amount of cash, but if we can be in touch with each other via ajcoullsATyahoo.co.uk we could begin negotiations if you're interested. Many thanks and best wishes, Anthony (Secretary, Friends of the Sierra Leone National Railway Museum)