If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

VT - Shakespeare Express 2026

Dieses Thema im Forum 'What's Going On' wurde von mattspencer gestartet, 26 April 2026.

  1. NathanP

    NathanP Well-Known Member

    Registriert seit:
    4 März 2017
    Beiträge:
    1.382
    Zustimmungen:
    1.605
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Worcester
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Commercial reasons I think. They sold tickets for the ECS working from Birmingham to Worcester for those who wanted to go to the diesel gala at Kidderminster behind a Class 37.
     
  2. Sidmouth

    Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

    Registriert seit:
    12 September 2005
    Beiträge:
    10.823
    Zustimmungen:
    11.186
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Alderan !
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    nothing to do with it . its a diesel drag of the ECS out to the start point . then to turn the engine easily for the return its an easy move to reverse the train at Hatton and be drawn round from Hatton and into Stratford . Saves a lot of time rather than having to do light engines moves along with increased watering , double steam crews etc
     
    ragl und Spamcan81 gefällt dies.
  3. LMarsh1987

    LMarsh1987 Part of the furniture Friend

    Registriert seit:
    19 Juni 2013
    Beiträge:
    3.139
    Zustimmungen:
    4.392
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Beruf:
    TBC
    Ort:
    Birmingham & Arley
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Sorry, I meant in terms of the steam sections. I was at the Jewellery Quarter for the return and they were running comfortably early and the 37 just roared in to action. They certainly wasn't trying to save water/coal as the Castle was opened up nicely. This is just my observation from recent trips.
     
  4. LMarsh1987

    LMarsh1987 Part of the furniture Friend

    Registriert seit:
    19 Juni 2013
    Beiträge:
    3.139
    Zustimmungen:
    4.392
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Beruf:
    TBC
    Ort:
    Birmingham & Arley
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Quite a clever move from VT to add a shuttle for the diesel gala on their ECS run. Just a shame on the steam legs the 37 is more active than just taking its weight.
     
  5. SplutteringStationPilot

    SplutteringStationPilot New Member

    Registriert seit:
    16 August 2010
    Beiträge:
    2
    Zustimmungen:
    0
    The section from Snow Hill to Stourbridge had a lot of speed restrictions for the Castle, which were very tight with the times, as can be seen with the morning run losing time consistently.

    The 37 shoving in between the restrictions allowed for better acceleration to ensure we had a better chance of keeping time and not causing delays.

    The evening run we ran early from Snow Hill in order to mitigate this, and even going early we only arrived 2e at Stourbridge.

    Sent from my SM-S931B using Tapatalk
     
  6. andyjhatton

    andyjhatton New Member

    Registriert seit:
    18 März 2024
    Beiträge:
    95
    Zustimmungen:
    111
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Greenhithe
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I think 7029 is on the Shakespeare Express tomorrow
     
  7. Will RL

    Will RL Member

    Registriert seit:
    12 Juni 2017
    Beiträge:
    832
    Zustimmungen:
    1.363
    Ort:
    Midlands
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    5043 today, 47773 the assisting diesel
     
  8. andyjhatton

    andyjhatton New Member

    Registriert seit:
    18 März 2024
    Beiträge:
    95
    Zustimmungen:
    111
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Greenhithe
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Does anybody know why the Stratford -bound services have been running through Moor Street platform 2 rather than the usual (and booked) 1?
     
  9. mattspencer

    mattspencer Well-Known Member

    Registriert seit:
    8 Juli 2005
    Beiträge:
    1.844
    Zustimmungen:
    775
    Ort:
    Rugby

Die Seite empfehlen