If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

SVR General Discussion

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by threelinkdave, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Bill Drewett

Bill Drewett Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Here's something a bit different in your area for February half-term. Try driving instead of riding, with a dockside crane driving session thrown in as well.

https://www.bristolmuseums.org.uk/m-shed/whats-on/train-and-crane-driving-experiences/

Monkey Magic and D1039 like this.
  2. olly5764

olly5764 Member

Engineer
    In addition to that, I was the guard on there, and with no heat, at this time of year, I'd have instructed my TTIs not to charge for first

JBTEvans likes this.
  3. JBTEvans

JBTEvans Member

My Dad did say it would be cheeky to charge with no heat, thanks though!

olly5764 likes this.
  4. D1039

D1039 Well-Known Member

The Railway may now be closed for public services, but it’s our pleasure to bring you a packed January 2022 edition! You can access this at https://www.svrlive.com/bljan22.

Very welcome news came with the announcement of a £1million+ grant from the Culture Recovery Fund. We report on the very successful Christmas services, and the income and grant will help the SVR through the next few month towards a sustainable operation in 2022.

There’s a rundown of all the exciting events we have planned for you in the coming year, progress on locomotive Hagley Hall as well as news across the SVR.

We hope you enjoy your Branch Lines, and encourage you to get planning for your next visit once we reopen on 2nd April!

Lesley and Patrick
    Co-editors

5. Matt37401

Matt37401 Part of the furniture

Nosy aren’t you?
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Interesting read as ever Patrick and good to see some of Dads and my friend Andy Flowers photos, have to pull you up on the photo of 55002 though, that’s at the East Lancs! :)

6. Pete Thornhill

Pete Thornhill Part of the furniture Staff Member Administrator Moderator Friend

Great work again Patrick, by coincidence our new membership cards turned up today, complete with £10 voucher for renewing in December - something I would have done anyway mind but a nice little extra. Good to hear it’s been a successful idea.

D1039 likes this.
  7. D1039

D1039 Well-Known Member

Damn. I'll fix it in the morning. The old photo library isn't renowned for its labelling, and I rejected a few! That one must have passed me by. Mea culpa

Matt37401 likes this.
  8. D1039

D1039 Well-Known Member

Winter works

The internal Teams channel and private FB groups show stuff is happening. You can get a reminder of the planned works at https://www.svrlive.com/bljan22

At Sterns, the railway's PW teams removed rails and ballast and contractors were on site 17th January

Near Country Park halt the line's closed and railway's moved in materials for the contractors to install drainage

At Kidderminster they're awaiting the revised dates for NR's contractor to remove and replace the bridge

Lots of pointwork timbers are stacked on one of the Parr bogie rail wagons at Bewdley

gios, Robin, Johnme101 and 3 others like this.