If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Shepherd Neame "Spitfire" 6th September with 34067

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by green five, Jul 20, 2009.

1. dgraw

dgraw New Member

Just got back from watching her near Tonbridge about five minutes early making a nice turn of speed and wonderful sound, video should be up by tomorrow night.

2. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    A good day out and an excellent run from Tangmere and her crew. Max speed I recorded was 77mph. We were running early at various points during the day. Hop Festival was packed and weather stayed fine-ish.
    A couple of downsides were being right at the back in a carriage with a deafining wheel flat. There were others on other carriages too. The dreaded things are coming back again and it wasn't just enthusiasts complaining. Also witnessed a couple of arguments on the train about seating arrangements for the trip to Sheerness on sea. Some people had booked the run from London and thought that the trip to Sheerness was automatically included in the ticket so they refused to move when people boarded for the trip to Sheerness. I bet they wished they had read the booking details correctly now!

3. CVR 4771

CVR 4771 New Member

60163 Tornado stopped at Swanley on 15th August this year.

Great trip to the Hop Festival. Also saw an argument in our coach on the Sheerness part. Shepherd Neame had put four people into 2 seats but luckily there was 2 empty seats so they got their trip

4. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

One thing I forgot to mention was that 60163 was residing at Hither Green when we went past yesterday. A pleasant surprise for those who managed to spot her.

5. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    The Cath Ex with Tornado was strange that it stopped at a small station like Edenbridge but if anyone got there they couldn't get back because of the route change. The same went for Tonbridge. Anyway having ridden behind Tangmere before a couple of years ago and went over the Devon banks I know how great she really is.

6. Mike Corris

Mike Corris New Member

video on youtube at... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7or78pRpWVY

Thanks for the comments. I completely missed the scheduling of Tornado coming through here instead of the planned route which was a shame. A guy at Swanley told me about it yesterday which is why I phrased my comment on youtube as I did - 'the fiirst steam train to be scheduled to stop and pick up passengers at Swanley since the end of steam'. Tornado was just dropping people off I guess?

7. dgraw

dgraw New Member

8. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

Coaches were provided from Swanley to take passengers back to Edenbridge, Tonbridge, Redhill and East Croydon.

9. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

Yes, passengers were only dropped off at Swanley.

10. Mike Corris

Mike Corris New Member

11. dgraw

dgraw New Member

Thanks Mike!

12. jonwright87

jonwright87 Member

Student (Civil Engineering) P-Way Engineer on Lond
    I too was in the back carriage, in fact I was in one of the four seats furthest from the loco! Suppose on every tour there must be 4 people so far back, but sod's law that it would be me on a tour on which I had decided to sit and not 'window hang'. I really couldn't fathom why I had to change coaches for the mini-tour when I had booked both at the same time..?

As ever, a good performance from Tangmere (was very well turned out as well), but I expected that any way (and yes I am still going to be upset that it wasn't Cromwell)

13. CraigS

CraigS Member

14. KentYeti

KentYeti Guest

15. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

It works with "url" and "/url" inside square brackets at the beginning and end of the address, like this:

"Photos now @ http://www.germansteam.info/2009/2009-17/2009-17.html"

The BB software probably isn't sure whether it's a URL or not because of the "@" and the hyphens in the string.

16. KentYeti

KentYeti Guest

Thanks for that.

Rather a basic thing to do!