If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cromwell to Folkestone

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by PhotoMatt, Mar 13, 2009.

1. 1X99

1X99 Member

That sir is one cracking shot. Well done. Luck or no luck, you still have to beat the goalkeeper in the end!

The HS1 isn't that quite though, if you choose the right place you can see two trains passing each other and a third goes by within 10 or so minutes, or at least you could when it was terminating at Waterloo.

I always see modern drivers whistling for steam. I think it's in the rule book! One should always respect your elders. :lol:

2. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer

Thanks for that.

3. CALIFORNIA WORKS

CALIFORNIA WORKS New Member

Thankyou so much everyone-we at The Remembrance Line Association really savoured the moments as you all did. Those fantastic pics and the superb videos all go towards fighting for the cause to save the Folkestone Harbour Branch-by publiscising the sight and that awesome sound of our Lord and Protector hammering up the 1 in 30.I estimate that this memorable day added about 100 names to our membership list.Thanks again =D> http://www.theremembranceline.org.uk

4. kelal

kelal New Member

5. martin butler

martin butler Part of the furniture

what a day, firstly can i thank everyone who was at folkestone on saturday for not trespassing on network rail , as far as i know there was no issues from network rail the photograths all look great and it was a fitting way to end

can i ask , can all of you who want to see steam back at folkestone support the association by signing the petition and/or joining us, we have an uphill struggle ahead if we are to save the line and the more support we can get the more chance there is that we can get steam back onto the line and get more special trains down here , what would you give to see a train not only being hauled by steam, but being banked by a tank engine, if we can take over the line, there is no reason it could not happen , we have plans, for the branch ,to bring it back to life , please support us, dont let the railway die