If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by BillyReopening, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Flying Phil

Flying Phil Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I think that is what is actually happening.....I suspect the NRM want an offer of expertise plus financial clout, so a "joint" 5305/GCR bid for the overhaul would tick the right boxes for the NRM. But it will all come out with confidentiality/commercial/caveats in due course. As long as we get to keep 70013 steaming into the future....

2. The Black Hat

The Black Hat Member

Defender of the Faith
    That would have been my first option - with notice on some of the changes needed to ensure that the paperwork and planning that was needed to be done, as obviously there has been a change in operations between previous agreements and the museums current working.

3. Johann Marsbar

Johann Marsbar Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    There is over half a page in the latest Steam Railway about this work..........:Nailbiting:
    Presumably the NRM will admit something is happening when they get their "paperwork..."

jnc and Hicks19862 like this.
  4. Flying Phil

Flying Phil Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    There has been a shunt in the Loughborough shed and more work is being done on 70013. I believe the boiler will be lifted in a couple of months time.