If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

York, York triangle/teardrop

Discussion in 'Photography' started by KopeX, Jan 17, 2013.

1. KopeX

KopeX New Member

Hi guys, my first post on this forum so I apologise in advance if I make any faux pas. I am a very keen amateur photographer and also work at York Carriage Works with the RHTT and seasonal MPV projects. I am currently devoting my camera to the destruction of Yorks rail heritage within the triangle/teardrop or in political speach, 'development'. I have documented the Leeman road OTM buildings and demolition as best as I can, I started on the railway there and my father and circles did 30+ years there, more photos to come and I also managed to get a camera into the opening of the new turntable next to the carriage works building. I shall continue to document changes and 'developments' as I believe York should still be a huge if not leading power in Britains railways. I am, for now trying to spend my spare camera time to the Railways.

The Leeman Road OTM set is at Leeman Road OTM Depot - a set on Flickr

and the opening of the new turntable is just on my photostream at the moment Flickr: KopeX's Photostream which I will add to and collect into a set soon.

I plan to cover the current freightliner building in the teardrop who's fate is unclear and Alliance House south side of the carriage works which is nearing derelict. I'll update the thread as I make progress.

Any comments, criticism or suggestions on the photography is welcomed, everyday is a school day.

Thanks guys,

Nathan.

2. Ploughman

Ploughman Part of the furniture

Ex a lot of things.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Hi Nathan
    I found your photos earlier and noticed that the Canteen building in the old Wagon works has been demolished. Any idea when it went?
    I have a couple of shots taken inside the works in 2009 when we were allowed to recover spares after the initial closure.
    York Area Group

3. KopeX

KopeX New Member

Hello Bryan, I'm presuming you mean this building 110825 railways - a set on Flickr (Not my Photographs) I can't give an exact time if it is but from passing by and last photo records I believe some time early 2012. If we're talking of the same building I think it's a shame. It was a small fish in a large lake, speaking to ex-employees it wasn't structurally compromised and still potentially had purpose so logically thinking it's demolition can only be a sign of things to come. Hope this helps, my interest is only very new to the area. Nathan.

4. Ploughman

Ploughman Part of the furniture

Ex a lot of things.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer