If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

What name is 47790 carrying?

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by neildimmer, Oct 5, 2014.

1. neildimmer

neildimmer Resident of Nat Pres

Morning All
    10:01 Crewe C.S. to Leeds Northern Belle ecs 47828 T’n’T 47790 through Deighton 11:36
    which nameplate has 47790 got as i am sure it said Solway Princess when it passed me?
    http://railway-photography.smugmug.com/Railtours-Year-by-Year/2011-/2014/Northern-Belle-51014/
    Neil

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    47790 was named "Galloway Princess" during its earlier guise as 47593 and was re-united with that name by DRS; "Solway Princess" was given to 47832 by DRS BUT with the latter loco now sold to WCRC it has been removed but whether re-applied to another loco is uncertain.

What is certain is that your system may have been attacked by malware as every time I try to look at the links supplied I find myself caught in a vicious circle of advertising - including Trivago that I can only get rid of by exiting this thread completely; action now required ?

3. neildimmer

neildimmer Resident of Nat Pres

working now

4. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    Many thanks Neil; now had chance to look at images but wrong angle to see clearly; will look next time I get chance when it runs.