If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

VT December 2013 tours - times

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by malc, Nov 18, 2013.

1. malc

malc Part of the furniture

I wonder whether Ben can give us some idea of the times that have been requested for the VT trour to Melton Mowbray on 1st December and 5043 to York on 14th December?

I thinking about booking on both of these tours, but I'd like some idea of whether I'm going to be able to get to and from them by public transport.

The Melton Mowbray tour looks fairly safe as I will be on my way home from London to Stockport on that day, so, based on the timings from two years ago, it looks do-able from/to Nuneaton.

The York trip is less certain. Again, based on the timings from the last two years, the outward leg looks OK. The problem is the return, with no set down until about 21.00 at Derby, it gets a bit iffy for getting home. I suspect that, unless a muc earlier return path has been requested, I may have to wait until the actual timings appear before booking (or not booking), or possibly just end up paying to travel one way, if that's allowed.

2. Ben Vintage-Trains

Ben Vintage-Trains Member

Malc,

We have the times for Sunday 1st December.

Nuneaton - 10:00
    Melton (arr) - 12:05
    Melton (dep) - 16:50
    Nuneaton - 18:36

The best we can do for York is provide you with the times we have been given in the past few years (which you already have).

As long as we have space, you can purchase a one-way fare on the day. York will be sold out in Dining and Club Classes, but we should still have space in Standard and Enthusiast.

Cheers!

3. malc

malc Part of the furniture

Thanks Ben - 1 seat duly booked for next Sunday.

4. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer