If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Visiting class 05 D2578 at Middleton Railway in June 2009

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by Drewry Car, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Drewry Car

Drewry Car Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The Middleton Railway has decided to operate it's own photo charter on the afternoon of Thursday 4th June 2009 with visiting class 05 D2578. This will take place from 13:00 to 17:00 and will feature our recently restored freight stock in BR livery (see: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18284) We intend to traverse both the running line from Moor Road to Middleton Park Halt and the Balm Road branch (2 ungated level crossings) with this charter and we hope to accommodate any reasonable photo stop/runpast requests - but the weather is at your own risk! In the evening D2578 will operate passenger trains between Moor road and Middleton Park Halt only at 18:00, 18:40, 19:20 and 20:00.

Tickets for the afternoon charter will cost £20 and will include a free evening rover ticket for the passenger services (which will cost £5 alone). The Engine House will be open for light refreshments between the charter and the evening services.

If you would like to take part in the charter advance booking is recommended. Please send a cheque for £20 payable to 'Middleton Railway Trust' to: D2578 Charter, Middleton Railway, the station, Moor Road, Leeds, LS10 2JQ and enclose an SAE for your ticket. A booking form will be available at http://www.middletonrailway.org.uk shortly or please contact ian.dobson9015@btinternet.com

2. IndustrialSteamLeeds

IndustrialSteamLeeds Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Darn......I work thursday nights :smt086

3. ahardy

ahardy Member

Please support us on this. Its a rare oppertunity to see this locomotive at a public site. We promise to put on a good show at Middleton and will give as much effort as we can to ensure a good charter and gala.

If anyone would like a booking form for the gala. Please PM me and I can get one sent to you.

Andy

4. basher

basher Member

Musician
    Will participants in the charter travel between locations on board the train (ie in the brakevan), or by road/foot?

I don't drive, see....

5. ahardy

ahardy Member

Hi Basher.

The line is not to long and most of the best locations are close together so the majority will be on foot. If we need to travel further than comfortable on foot it is possible to use the train.
    Andy