If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Vintage Eye Candy Slough Bus Running Day

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by Railcar22, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Railcar22

Railcar22 Member

Stock Control
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    For the past 4 years Amersham & District Motor Bus Society have organised the Slough Bus Running Day, this is usualy the first Sunday after May Day, and happens to coincide with a Rolls Royce Rally in Eton. There are usually 35 buses of all ages, last year the star of the show was STL441 a 1934 built AEC Double Decker from Cobham Bus Museum, and loads of other buses these included RT's, RF's, GS's, RM's, RML's RMC's, BL's, Leyland Nationals (Yeuch) and a DM(even more yeuch) & a Bristol KSW

Here are some links to last years running day

http://jimmyshengukbuses2.fotopic.net/c1508979.html
    On this site if you look at the first bus on the left 3rd row down RT3496 you will see me at the front of the top deck. looking up Thames Street Windsor.

http://busesoftheuk.fotopic.net/c1508941.html

2. Railcar22

Railcar22 Member

Stock Control
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    This year’s bus running day has been confirmed as Sunday 10th May, proceedings start at Slough Bus Station just before 10am and last until about 5pm. Programmes will be available to purchase, but it is not necessary to buy 1, as the rides themselves are free, although it is handy to have 1, as they give all the departure times and the routes they are running.

I hasten to add I am not a member of Amersham & District Motorbus Society, I just think it is a great day out for those people who like vintage buses, especially if they were built by AEC