If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

USS Ruchamkin WWII US Destroyer

Тема в разделе 'Everything Else Heritage', создана пользователем ianh, 4 май 2015.

  1. ianh

    ianh Member

    Дата регистрации:
    10 май 2006
    Сообщения:
    357
    Симпатии:
    214
    Род занятий:
    Farmer -
    Адрес:
    Brecon In Wettest Wales
    I spent a few days in Bogota, Columbia last week..... managed to find the 3ft steam tourist railway - but imagine my suprise to find....[​IMG]

    Bogota is hundreds of miles from the sea and 8000ft upin the andes.......

    one has to ask how.....
     
  2. Bean-counter

    Bean-counter Part of the furniture

    Дата регистрации:
    21 июл 2007
    Сообщения:
    5.844
    Симпатии:
    7.688
    Пол:
    Мужской
    Адрес:
    Former NP Member
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    The mind certainly boggles, although sizeable ships have been transported to land-locked lakes in bits on many occasions, often long beofre metaled roads or even Railways existed!

    Wikipedia has an unusually caustic comment about the location: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ruchamkin_(APD-89)

    I am not totally sure what "hull and superstructure" means but I suspect it may be that it is an empty shell with no machinery or interior except bracing to keep its shape!

    Steven
     

Поделиться этой страницей