If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Urgently required...

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by weltrol, Jun 16, 2009.

1. weltrol

weltrol Part of the furniture Friend

Can anyone on the group help in supplying ONE vacuum release valve, suitable for a 'rolling ring' type brake cylinder please?

With major bogie lifts planned to allow access to lift out the brake cylinders, one valve is needed to allow this work to progress. Unless the valve is sourced before the planned lift, the work may have to be deferred for up to a year.

Many thanks

Frank N.

2. Muppet

Muppet Member

Try Anderson Carriage and Wagon - sorry I've not got the number to hand. PM me if you can't get hold of it and I'll find it tonight.

3. ernestgew

ernestgew Member

From the Carriage Exchange Site:

ANDERSON CARRIAGE & WAGON, 5 Willowfield Crescent, Bradford, BD2 1LJ Tel.07729 542279 Fax.01274 612732 - Many spares for brake systems, door locks, steam heating, Mk1 prefab steel sections, dynamo pulleys & belts, Mk1 window parts, aluminium door edge extrusions, pins, bushes, wood beads made to order, coach signs interior & exterior, also exchange locks, brake cylinders, DA valves, release valves.

4. weltrol

weltrol Part of the furniture Friend

Many thanks indeed to the generous member of this group for letting us obtain a spare that he had at a VERY reasonable price.
    No names mentioned to stave off would be treasure hunters and pikeys!

You know who you are, so from the Weltrol restoration team, a heartfelt thankyou.

Frank N. and Phil H.