If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Tornado to return to SVR

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by railway, Nov 1, 2010.

1. railway

railway New Member

http://rail-news.com/2010/11/01/tornado-to-return-to-severn-valley-railway/

2. malc

malc Part of the furniture

Didn't it do that on its last visit? Since it will be in Brunswick Green on it's next visit, Mark 1s were be more appropriate.

3. TonyMay

TonyMay Member

Or paint all those teak carriages in carmine and cream.

4. Kje7812

Kje7812 Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Considering the amount of time and money which has been and is being spent on the Teak coaches, no way are they going to be painted C&C. Yes the Maroons would look appropiate and nice, and I hope that the traffic department remembers that.
    It will be a timetable B with the Torando departures, similar to the last time it came.

5. D1039

D1039 Guest

From SVR website:

Tornado is the subject of a long-anticipated new book which will raise funds for both the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust and the Severn Valley Railway’s Locomotive Wheeldrop Appeal, aimed at putting the finishing touches to the new facility at Bridgnorth Locomotive Works. Written by leading author and Guardian newspaper Associate Editor Johnathan Glancey, it is an expertly executed work on the history of the original Peppercorn A1 Pacifics, and the construction and main line operation of the new No. 60163 Tornado. It is lavishly illustrated, with a wealth of unpublished material, and freshly-researched statistics. The book is officially endorsed by HRH The Prince of Wales, and the A1 Locomotive Trust regard it as the ‘definitive’ work. Go to the website www.tornadothebook.com for more details, and enter the code SVR3 so that the Severn Valley Railway Wheeldrop Appeal will receive £5 of the £24.99 purchase price. A collector’s special edition of 163 signed copies in an exclusive binding for £50 is selling fast, secure yours entering the special code SVR4.
    Tornado returns to the Severn Valley from 21 to 26 April 2011.

Thanks

Patrick

6. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Excellent book which is highly recommended. I bought mine on the recent Cathedrals Express to Norwich. They seemed to be selling rather a lot on that run.