If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Wallingford Bunk

Discussion in 'Photography' started by D1059, Jun 16, 2009.

1. D1059

D1059 Member

Some video I shot at the Cholsey & Wallingford Railway last Sunday during their Wallingford Bunk weekend with pannier 6430 and autocoach in operation

http://www.rail-videos.net/video/view.php?id=5952

STEVE

2. buseng

buseng Part of the furniture

Retired
    What memories! As a child, a Saturday ritual was that I was taken to Wallingford from Reading to see my grandmother. This involved a stopping train from Reading (sometimes steam or a DMU) to Cholsey & Moulsford, then a change to the Wallingford branch train. At this time it was nearly always 0-4-2t No. 1444 & single auto coach. This coincided with closure of the branch & therefore travelled on the last day (not sure if it was the last train though). As an aside, whilst waiting for the connecting train back to Reading (nearly always steam) I can remember the bells & lever noises coming from C&M signal box which was situated on the east end of the island platform. Also the many trains that used to pass through one including N15 30771 Sir Sagramore on what I now presume was a cross country. There were things besides HST's Turbos & 66's in those days! After the branch closed it a change to a boring bus at Cholsey.

3. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thanks for sharing. What a pity the auto train was there for just the one weekend.