If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Railways of Jamaica

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by Roger Farnworth, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Roger Farnworth

Roger Farnworth Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have just finished reading a book about the railways of Jamaica which prompted a little research on-line. Jamaica still intends to reopen its railways system.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2020/10/08/the-railways-of-jamaica

30854 likes this.
  2. Roger Farnworth

Roger Farnworth Member

Another visit to the railways of Jamaica, courtesy, this time, of H.G. Forsythe in the September 1963 edition of the Railway Magazine. .....

https://rogerfarnworth.com/2021/05/28/the-railways-of-jamaica-again

I have been reading historic copies of the Railway Magazine again. This time it was a bound copy of the magazines from 1963. ........ I came across an article about the Railways of Jamaica in the September 1963 edition which was written by H. G. Forsythe.

30854 and Spamcan81 like this.
  3. 30854

30854 Resident of Nat Pres

Retired
    Interesting to note that the investment needed to rehabilitate the Jamaican network is sought from the same source currently investing so heavily in infrastructure right across sub-Saharan Africa, whilst we in "the west" continue our befuddled navel gazing.