If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Merchant adventurer

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by MC5029, May 23, 2010.

1. MC5029

MC5029 New Member

Looks like the tour has been cancelled, no longer on the UKrailtours website.

Matt

2. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

This has been posted elsewhere:
    MNLPS Press Release
    "MNLPS regrets that on a return trip from Oxford for VSOE on 21st May 35028 "Clan Line" suffered a serious malfunction resulting in the loss of a fusible plug and consequent need to drop the fire. After the ejected fire had been doused by the local fire brigade, the train was diesel-powered back to Victoria with Clan Line still attached. The loco and support coach were then returned to Stewarts Lane depot.

MNLPS is urgently investigating the cause, and until that is ascertained will refrain from speculation. Early indications are that the loco has not suffered any serious damage as a result of the incident.

The Society very much regrets the impact to the passengers on the VSOE Pullman, and on following service trains, and also to travellers who have booked for trips with 35028 in the immediate future.

We offer our apologies to our customers and will do all we can to keep an open approach to this serious incident and communicate accordingly.
    Alan French."

Let's hope the cause is found, repaired, and 35028 is back on main line service as soon as possible.

3. stan the man

stan the man Member

Hope the lads soon get 35028 back on the road.

Jim S

4. buseng

buseng Part of the furniture

Retired
    Cancelled on uksteam as well.

5. KentYeti

KentYeti Guest

A very understandable cancellation. The priority must be for the MNLPS to sort out what damage has been done, and to rectify that, and the cause of the problem.

They have an excellent track record of doing things correctly and I am confident they will do it all as fast as is possible.

6. KentYeti

KentYeti Guest

I would add, if there is any room here for humour, that I was always very worried about 35028 going to York.

I mean, look what the savages up there did to 35029!

(wink).

7. martin butler

martin butler Part of the furniture

makes you wonder doesnt it, do engines talk to each other? and clan line thought, no way are they going to section me!! but what i would have liked to have seen, would have been for an identiy swop to have been carried out at york, for 29 to have been re numbered 28, and for clan line to have run back as elerman lines imagine joe publics reaction at that, NRM restores 35029 and sections 35028, who would have bought it?

8. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    I did find it slightly amusing that UK Railtours letter advising the cancellation was marked 'with compliments'

9. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

John Farrow has always been a very polite businessman as well as a successful one.
    Perhaps this was a case of a computer generated letter not adapted to these particular circumstances.
    Let's hope 35028 is quickly available for a re-dated run - and you are available to ride on it!