If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The High Peak Explorer 2/3/19: now 30/3/19

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Davo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Davo

Davo Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Im on this tour 4 2nd march 2019 but its been rescheduled to 30th march 2019 and time due out o man vic 6:38am only just noticed this email when got home fro work and checked my ipad any1 else on nat pres booked on this tour who can shed some light why its been rescheduled?

2. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

You could try asking them if you want to know. (Sorry to say the obvious).

3. Davo

Davo Well-Known Member

And yes al the reason it has been rescheduled is a N.R. engineering block on the hope valley line on that w,end 2nd and 3rd march 2019. But luckily R.T.C. have been able to path it in again on 30th march i look 4 ward to doing the buxton hindlow(old ashbourne L.N.W.) route and listening to watever locos r double heading it fro chinley S, junc to peak forest chattering up the hill!

4. Moylesy98

Moylesy98 Guest

Like the run earlier this year im gonna be on the run in 2019. This year the engines we had on the front were 45157 The Glasgow Highlander (45407) & 45690 Leander, would be good if 45699 Galatea was picked to work the tour or maybe even the long awaited chance to see two jubilee's doubleheading a daytrip as it's not yet been done. I know it's been done with the GB trip earlier this year but that was a run that not normal people would be able to go on owing to the high cost. Still it would be nice to see this happen on a normal daytrip, has been advertised in previous years but never happened.

British India Line would be a good one to see working the tour as it has got a much higher tractive effort than a black 5 or jubilee so should be able to cope with the route. The pairing id love to see for 2019 is either.

45690 Leander & 45699 Galatea.
    45690 Leander & 44871/45212.
    45699 Galatea & 44871/45212.
    35018 British India Line & provided she's running again 46115.

Cant see it being 48151 as her boiler ticket I believe runs out this month and needs it's 10 yearly, and we still havent heard anything regarding 46115 Scots Guardsman but hopefully that should be up and running next year.

5. Davo

Davo Well-Known Member

Would 35018 be in gauge todo disley tunnel and dove holes moylsey?

6. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    I doubt whether Scots Guardsman will be running by then and it's debatable if British India Line is in gauge for some of the proposed route, so most likely any two from the two Jubilees and various Black Fives.

7. Moylesy98

Moylesy98 Guest

I wasnt saying im hoping it's her I just said it would be good if 35018 could go up the route.