If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Temperature gauges for 350hp shunter available

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by keihal, Mar 31, 2021.

1. keihal

keihal New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have the oil and water temperature gauges from an LMS-built 350 hp 0-6-0 diesel shunter and they are available free to anyone who can use them. They came off WD 876 BARI and were bought from the scrapyard where it was broken up in 1969. BARI was built by the LMS at Derby in 1945 but was never an LMS or BR loco. I have the full history of the loco (which is more complicated than this one line summary!). I'm happy to post them at cost (max £10) or they can be collected from Woodbridge, Suffolk.
    I'll wait a week before deciding who gets them, so think of a good reason!
    Keith.

IMG_20210331_163923157.jpg

2. ghost

ghost Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Could be of use to the Lakeside & Haverthwaite railway who have the sister loco 878 Basra?

3. airspeed

airspeed New Member

Greetings Keith,

I can confirm that Basra is alive and well at the L&HR. I can also confirm that they would welcome your gauges as spares for this now venerable locomotive.

If you could PM me, ( I am as yet unable) I would be pleased to help save these components.

With thanks

Airspeed