If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Talyllyn Railway Barclay Photo Charter

Discussion in 'Photography' started by I. Cooper, Mar 10, 2014.

1. I. Cooper

I. Cooper Member

Rather than clutter up the railway's 'news' thread, thought I'd post an update on day 2 of the TR's ongoing charter featuring No. 6 in the guise of "Airservice Construction Corps No 1." in a more appropriate place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Given the loco's appearance in its original form, all credit should be given to the charter organiser for the RAF's low level fly past of a Hercules during the sunset shots this evening!

Unfortunately despite shouting in a very loud voice, the pilot didn't seem inclined to set back for another run past, preferably with a bit more smoke please... Never mind, the more than obliging railway crews were as helpful and accomodating as ever and more than made up for the RAF single showing. :)

Corbs likes this.
  2. I. Cooper

I. Cooper Member

[​IMG]

Spamcan81 and Corbs like this.
  3. I. Cooper

I. Cooper Member

Day 3 of the charter brought 'X' rated photos, as the train's formation was swapped to suit the hardcore enthusiasts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and finally, a special one for Mr. Thomas:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately I shall be missing the final day of action, a return to work beckons for me in the morning. :(

My thanks to Mr. Williams for organising a most enjoyable event, and special thanks to all involved at the Talyllyn for bringing it to fruition - from prepping the loco through to the small army that have been crewing and supporting the activities this week.

Macko likes this.
  4. lostlogin

lostlogin Member

Obviously you hit lucky with the weather but I have to admit they are a cracking set of photo's. The loco in that colour and weathered really matches the trucks and it is nice to see something that is not a standard carriage and loco shot. You also got the dragon in one of the pictures.