If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

SVR wagons 2019

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by olly5764, Jan 10, 2019.

1. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Well as you can see, my new years resolution to be more reliable is going well! Only taken me until Thursday night to write a report.
    Happy New year to all my readers and welcome to any new readers out there .
    Here's a quick round up of what we are working on and the state of play.
    Towards the south end of the yard, 2303 is nearing the end of her spell with us. She has had some door and roof repairs, a full re-paint and attention to the brakes that have underpinned my thoughts on just what the GWR actually thought standardization meant! She is now having the sign writing done, step boards attached and Will hopefully be back in traffic in the very near future.
    Just to the north of her, we see our old friend, the Mica B (the number of which always seems to escape me) back for replacement of rotten timbers. We will, of course, once again be looking to see if there is anything we can do to reduce this, although the design seems to be almost an attempt by Swindon to trap moisture.
    Moving into the shed, we find 12522 (I think) the SECR wagon, and one of the last vehicles built by the SECR prior to grouping.
    The body has had a complete replank including the floor, with the lads really getting into their stride with this around Christmas time. Proof that good prep and a good rhythm can work wonders as the lads got the body back on this with stunning speed.
    Underneath, it us currently waiting for muffins here to finish making two new brake push rods, which depending on weather, motivation and other distractions, could be done by Sunday (No promises though chaps!)
    Finally at the north end of the shed, 101961 awaits a roof canvass having had some attention to her river side doors and bodywork.
    With a bit of luck, 3 out of these 4 could be back early this year.
    Watch out for a bit if a back burner project coming onto our radar soon too.
    Cheerful,
    Olly

2. Ploughman

Ploughman Part of the furniture

Happy New year and welcome back.

3. nick813

nick813 Active Member Loco Owner

Thanks for the report.

May be the wagon storage shed will help keep these wagons in better condition.........!

4. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Just need someone to pay for it

5. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

Happy New Year and thanks for the latest update!

Keith