If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Strathpeffer Spa Valley Railway

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by Paul Grant, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Paul Grant

Paul Grant Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Strathpeffer Spa Railway Association

Came across this on Railbrit and not seen this mentioned here. Whilst I wish every group the best I'm not conviced by this plan. The actual branch itself is only a couple of miles long with little room for expansion (short of running trains into Dingwall (a proposed plan which would be uber-expensive)). The group is lacking in web prescence but I guess it will come out in time. Also I'd like to note I'm not involved with the group in any way.

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/...32.5m_new_steam_train_venture_is_rolling.html

2. Neil_Scott

Neil_Scott Part of the furniture

Railway servant
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Re: Strathpeffer Spa Railway Association

Interesting.

I'm sure if they offered the Strathspey £135,000 cash, straight up, for No.17 they'd have a deal.

3. Paul Grant

Paul Grant Well-Known Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    Re: Strathpeffer Spa Railway Association

I don't know if they have a tenth of that just now. £20k could get them Balmenach which just now is about as much as they need. Reading their comments about running steam on the Kyle line, theres a small bunch of large reasons it doesn't happen as much as the West Highland.