If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Stolen Swiss Miniature Locos

Discussion in 'Miniature Railways' started by kscanes, Nov 22, 2011.

1. kscanes

kscanes Resident of Nat Pres

This press release appeared on a UK narrow gauge discussion group; I've copied it to here to give wider distribution in case the items are offered "over here".

Ken Scanes

------------

This is an official press release of the well known Swiss Vapeur Parc in Le Bouveret, Switzerland, on the lake of Geneva (Lac Léman), where a 5" and 7 1/4" park railway is operated. I think all rail enthusiasts worldwide who have an interest in Swiss railways should know this (and I apologize for being partly off-topic for the groups I send this message to):

The Swiss Vapeur Park closed its doors on 1 November 2011. Some dayslater, on Saturday 5 November, we cleaned our models for the winter. After a good season everything went in the best way to end.

On 17 November our gardener stated the fact that one of the door of our workshop was slightly damaged. He informs the management of the Swiss Vapeur Park. After checking the facts it became clear that a gasoline locomotive (BVB) and a steam engine of the type Mallet, which is operated with gas were missing.

The police was fast on the place, in order to accomplish their investigation. The theft was committed between 5 and 16 November. The authors broke the doors of 3 workshops and carried the two locomotives outside the park. It is with difficulty comprehensible, how it succeeded to load these locomotives because the BVB weighs alone approximately 800 kg!

The members of the Swiss Vapeur Park are very much concerned by this theft. Nobody could find an explanation, how these locomotives can be theft, since these are unique. These models are unique constructions well-known from each railway amateur, who the model railway in the 5 - or 71/4" operates.

The price is difficulty appreciable. The realisation of these models are the result of voluntary aides, that have the passion for mechanics. The theft property corresponds thousand hour to work time.

The police looks for actively all testimonies, which could help the theft to clarify. The persons in possession of information are asked to contact the police to announce itself (024 486 60 00).

Swiss Vapeur Park:

Sébastien Oggier - André-Pierre Tardy
    s.oggier@swissvapeur.ch
    079 370 88 37

The stolen locomotives are
    - BDeh 4/4 83 "BVB"
    - Mallet 89 1'C+C1' "California Western"
    <http://www.swissvapeur.ch/images/vol/index.php>

Please keep your eyes open! Thank you.
    Markus, Gürbetal