If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Steam for Keith and Dufftown

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by Paul Grant, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Paul Grant

Paul Grant Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Not seen this announced anywhere but Strathspey's resident Ivatt 46512 will be heading up Speyside for a few days on the KDR to celebrate the 150th of the opening of the Keith - Dufftown line. More info here: Keith & Dufftown Railway - scenic rail journey in North East Scotland

2. tdubern

tdubern New Member

This event is October 12th to 15th. Hoping the moderators will clear my calendar entry that has been pending for some time. Tom D (organiser)

3. acorb

acorb Part of the furniture

Would have loved to have seen this, but alas a major personal event and the bank dictates no more trips up north for me this year. I do hope this is the start of something more regular steam related for this line as the combination of steep gradients and stunning scenery is surely a winning formula!!

4. Paul Grant

Paul Grant Well-Known Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    The site hints at further possible steam visits. Could be the beginning of something good.

5. Kingscross

Kingscross Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'm coming up to this from London. Anyone else in the South East contemplating the long trip up might want to consider doing what I did and using the excellent Superbreak.com - £76 return to Aberdeen from London with East Coast, including two nights in the Aberdeen Central Travelodge. Not bad! There are similar fare & hotel offers to and from Inverness.