If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Spa Valley Railway Latest News

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by davidarnold, Jun 21, 2010.

1. davidarnold

davidarnold Member

I see from their website http://www.spavalleyrailway.co.uk/SpaLatestNews.htm that the Eridge Extension page hasn't been updated since 12th March and The Loco News 75F page hasn't neen updated since 11th March.

Does anyone have any news since then they can share with us.

2. matt41312

matt41312 Member

David,

Unfortunately due to other commitments both at the railway and in my personal life, I have been unable to update these pages as much as I would have liked. However this doesn't mean we are stagnating. The refurbishment of Eridge station continues as does the construction of the signal box at Groombridge. Virtually all the signals for the passing loop are installed.

As for opening, this is still up in the air at the time of writing as we are still subject to the final sign-off on leases and operating agreements by Network Rail and then the subsequent inspection by HMRI. These are taking a long time and this is because we are pioneering something that has never been done in preservation before.

Matt