If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Roster Question - IoW, KESR

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by cymroglan, May 27, 2010.

1. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Any idea if there's anything other than ex industrials working on either of these lines over the next week or so? I've suddenly and unexpectedly been given a break from my caring duties and want to make the most of it! A Terrier, P, Pannier or something would be great. I don't mean to start a spat about industrials by the way, they just don't float my boat! Thanks for any help!

2. Fireline

Fireline Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It looks like on Sunday, as far as the KESR is concerned, the USA tank is scheduled to be on the A set. The B set will be handled by Bodiam. In what is a very rare move, it appears that Knowle and the P class will be handling the Sunday Lunch train. All these are subject to availability, as usual, but it looks like a good day with three of our little engines out! Beyond Sunday, the service engine is scheduled to be no.24 Rolvenden. The next time the Pannier tank is due to run is Sunday 6th June.

3. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Thanks for the info Fireline! I will head over tomorrow all being well! It sounds like a Gala to me!

4. gwalkeriow

gwalkeriow Well-Known Member

Retired.
    The locos running today at the Isle of Wight Steam Railway were No 198 on the bogie set and W8 Freshwater on the 4 wh set, should be the same tomorrow.

5. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Thanks for the info gwalkeriow! Sadly, I won't be able to unscramble my commitments for today. Do you know whether W8 will work beyond today? I love that loco!

6. gwalkeriow

gwalkeriow Well-Known Member

Retired.
    I think that it is unlikely, we are back to a single train timetable for the next couple of months using a high capacity set that is too heavy for W8. In August their will be a good number of days where 2 train sets will be in operation and W8 is almost certain to be in use on one set.

Don't forget W24 Calborne will be back in use later in the season, not sure quite when though!

7. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Thanks for the info again! It's GREAT news that W24 will be back this year. I had assumed it would take longer than that! Wow, what a day that will be!

8. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Sorry to bump this thread back up the line, but my plansback in May fell apart due to a rather nasty illness from which I've recovered at last!

Any info about any locos other than the reliable, economic, sensible industrial tanks (Terrier, Pannier, P etc) would be much appreciated. I've been promised quite a lot of time off my care duties this Summer! The respective KESR and IoW websites give nothing away with regard to their shedmaster's plan! I promise to spend lots in your shops and cafes!

9. Seagull

Seagull Member

The locos on use on the Mk 1 set for the rest of summer will be one of Pannier 1638, USA No 65 and Austerity No 23. Today it is No 65 and I'll be driving it for my sins. The vintage set will be hauled by one of the two Terriers, P Class or Charwelton. PM me with dates of when you intend to visit and I'll find out what is expected to be running.

10. 68077

68077 New Member

Bus Driver (unfortunately)!
    you can always come down the spa valley on the way to the kesr Jinty 47493 will be running all weekend!!